Running Fast Man

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Days Twenty Three & Twenty Four: ABS-O-LUTELY

I apologize for not updating the blog yesterday.  I was at the gym working on abs for my annual Ab-A-Thon event.  Basically it raises money for fast runners in need and the contest measures how many crunches you can do in a 24-hour time period.  Of course, i won the event with 23,304,230 repetitions, which was a course record.  The only problem is that no one else had the guts to participate in this competition and there were no SLOW people there to cheer me on...  I had paid a man named Libertine a few dollars to keep count for me. 

Today I put in a 20-mile recovery run in the morning to get the legs fresh for tonight's super hard workout.  The run was performed in 2:04 which age grades pretty decent, for a recovery run.  Now i have been getting a bit of a sore throat lately, and am not sure i should continue my running as is or if i need to make an 8% downward adjustment towards my mileage over the next day and a half, which should put me back in God's healthy graces again.

Another activity i was thinking of doing is to replace some of my 10X2X5X4X10X5X56X4 runs with long-track speed skating so that i can hone my long distance anaerobic skills.  I was watching the 1984 winter olympics on the tv and it was just so inspiring to see these people do 5ks in 7:00 and 10ks in 13 minutes.  I feel that once i start doing that, those times will be easier for me to achieve with just running alone.

Final order of business is that there will be the first SLOW person Q & A session coming very shortly.  Please make sure to either post a question on this entry or e-mail one to matt@jeromix.net.  Now i am sure that most of the questions will deal with "why can't i be fast?" but i will do my best to help you out. 

Olympic Marathon Qualifier Goal Time:  2:02:59
Olympic Marathon Gold Medal Goal Time:  2:00:00

No comments:

Post a Comment