Running Fast Man

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day Seven: The Snow, oh dear God, The Snow

Woke up early today to discover the soothing sounds of Snow plows ever so gently removing the snow from the street to the direct area surrounding my car.  By the time i was ready to go out for my run, it was too late:


But that was ok because: 1) i was going to get in my run and 2) was not going to focus on getting to work.  So I immediately took 10 gel packs.  I like the PowerBar kind.  They taste right and don't require my use of the bathroom immediately afterwards like a shot of tequila on a sunday afternoon would.

The plan for the day was easy:  20 X 100 metre sprints followed by a 2-mile snow fun run.  I sought out an area which was plowed for my 100 metre track.  Luckily there was an area between my apartment building and the adjacent retail building, I think it is an Apothecary, to do this.  So i put on my track spikes and set out.  I sprinted out the first one and when i slowed down managed to slip on some type of snow/ice hybrid which caused me to flip backwards and land on my arse.  Yes, arse.  I looked it up on dictionary.com and found out that the british person from yesterday was being rude.  well anyways, i got up and brushed the snow off of my now bruised body and set out to do another when a stupid SNOW PLOW TRUCK was heading my direction from the other end.  I immediately went up to him and asked "What the hell are you doing?  Do you know who i am?"  He said he was doing his job and that i must have been dropped on my head as a child because no one in their right mind should be outside right now let alone sprinting..  My only thought was:  How did he know?  Did my  mom tell him about the drop?  She said she was going to keep it secret.  Anyways, i told him i needed to use the street for the next 3 hours.  nothing unreasonable.  He said he would move for $100.  So i paid the man and continued my work out.  Whew!  Finally got those sprints in and it was time for my fun run.

I started on my 2-mile saunter, when i started to get a stomach ache.  Must have been the snow, but the stomach remained and was immediately followed by dizziness.. Due to these feelings, i decided to turn around and finish the remaining 1.89 miles in a loop around the 100 metre path which was freshly plowed for me.  Each lap made me feel more successively sicker and more dizzy.  After lap 117, i decided to take a lil nap on the street... I immediately woke up to a loud commotion and saw three strangers hovering above me.  I told them thanks for being my alarm clock and got up to run.  Much to their dismay of course.  One person tried to stop me asking me if i was alright, when i told him that hey, i HAVE to finish my run. 

Finally finished the laps but realized i forgot to turn off my Garmin watch.  Damn it.  Now my Garmin program shows that i completed 2 miles in 4 hours.  What are people going to think when i show them my training.  They are all gonna break into my house, look at my computer to see how my mileage and pace is, and then make fun of me for this.  So i decided to avoid this potential embarrassment by changing the password to my computer to PreFonPain.  haha.  now no one will know the secret code.

Well I was a bit confused as to why i was feeling so sick and tired.  I called my mom's doctor's neighbor on the situation.  I told her that i recently switched to a new gel pack diet.  She must have been impressed because there was nothing but silence which filled the next five minutes of conversation.  She then broke this silence by asking how i came about setting this diet up.  I told her about my dream and my theory and how if it makes me feel awesome in a race then it should be the only food in my body.  Another five minutes of silence ensued.  She said that i should seek both a psychiatrist and a nutritionist.  She then provided me with some people she thought would work out who were near my area.  I thanked her and am scheduled to meet with the nutritionist later this afternoon.  Following this conversation i took 10 more gel packs and felt better.




No comments:

Post a Comment