Running Fast Man

Friday, December 16, 2011

Hurting for a Spurting

Have you ever felt sick before a run?  Like really felt sick....  Ever since Monday i have just been sore and my body has not been responding to certain runs as i've liked.  For example, this morning during my pick-up run my goal was just to run 5 miles easy followed by 5 miles hard with a 5 mile kick.  So for example, i would want to hit my 15 miles in less than 1:20 for it to really count for weekly mileage.  However, i was so sluggish in the beginning that my easy miles only came in at a 5:52 clip.... Then when it was time to go hard, i hit my first mile in 4:58 followed by 5:50, 6:30, 7:45, 9:02.... then when i went to kick (the actual workout part of it), i had nothing left... i jogged in a 6:20 something which equates to like a pathetic 2:50 marathon.  jog!  SLOW!  What is wrong with me?

After talking with a doctor yesterday, it made me realize that i can't trust anyone.  Doctors just wanna make money so they WANT me to believe something is WRONG with me.  Others are hired by Ryan Hall, that pussy, to try to prevent me from training... Some people are just TOO SLOW to even understand what a fast person's issue could even be... I am quite perplexed, like at the creative writing table for that Chipwrecked movie coming out...

I spent the rest of the afternoon throwing a tennis ball against the wall and made a game of it.  My mom asked me if i was ok, and i told her to leave me alone.  Can't you see i'm trying to get back to my fastness!  She then brought me down a gallon of Edy's ice cream.. yum!  ate that shit right up.

At 8:00 i was scheduled to run 6 miles at a tempo (4:45 clip).  Well that is what i used too run.  I don't know any more... So i just took off.  The first mile went ok at 4:45 when i started to get a stomach ache.... the next few miles are too slow to mention (non sub-5) but i will just let you know i came within three inches of puking on a raccoon and about four minutes close to rescuing someone from salmonella... After i got home, i just fell to the floor.  I could not move.  what is wrong with me?   My body hurts!  My legs hurt... everything is so tiring.. Why?  I know i haven't run in 3 months but its not like i am training hard... I can't take a day off.  I won't take a day off!

Perhaps i'll schedule a run with Schmo Nukeits and the Silver Fox tomorrow.  They probably will have some advice.  They are pretty slow but i gotta figure this out.  After all, if i can't train hard and return to greatness and beat that pussy Ryan Hall.. Then what is the point of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment