Running Fast Man

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The introduction - Fast Man

I have always been fast.  Ever since I can remember, i was always just faster than everybody else.  My earliest running memory occurred when I was 8 years old.  I went to the store with my  mom and her new boyfriend at the time.  We went to Toys'R'Us I believe... i begged them to take me all week long and finally they decided to bring me because i did a chore or something.  Well, we left on a saturday and i was very excited.  I ran into the store and looked for the newest Nintendo game i could find which was Rush'N'Attack.  I quickly grabbed the ticket for the game (which is what they did back then) and ran to find my mom and her boyfriend, Hector.  Well i ran all over the store and could not find them.  I asked store security and they brought me in the office.  After three hours, they gave up on looking for my guardians and told me to go home.  One of the security guards was very nice.  He gave me a quarter and told me to call someone who cares.  well anyways, i decided to run home.  I had never run before so it was a new kind of pain.  The first mile hurt a bit, but i was still able to hold an 8:30 clip.  The following quarter mile picked up a bit as i felt these new pains and emotions i had never felt before... i believe it was around a 1:35 or 1:36.  Well, then i totally bonked and the next mile was run at a 8:46 clip.  Well since i had never run that far before, i slowed it down to a clip of around 8:49 for the final mile and i was home.  When i had walked in the door, Hector said "It took you long enough!  What did you do cry?".  i asked him why they left me at the store.. he said that they had set the vcr to tape "Murder She Wrote" but forgot that my first recital was the tape in the vcr so they headed home to try to salvage some of the memory.  That was totally cool.  Hector is such a cool dude.  From this day forward, i became a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment