Running Fast Man

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day One: Training

Today is the first day of my training to become an Olympian.  I always love the first day of a new training session.  I think its because of all the potential that is built up.  You see, i have always been the fastest runner i know.  Although people don't always say it, i know its what they're thinking... I mean sometimes its tough when you are at a race and you run like way faster than everyone.  And then they EXPECT YOU to like cheer them on and stuff.  I get that like slow people run too, but i am like too tired to cheer them on.  And besides, I have my cooldown to take care of..... And its not like they need the cheering on, slow people run slower than me because they don't try hard.  they dont face the type of pain i face you know?  well anyways, i digress...  Here is my workout:

The Warm-up
It was a very cold day today so i decided to run on a treadmill.  I got up on the treadmill and all of these slow people were on the good ones.  i asked one of them to switch to a different mill because they were using my favorite one.  The person looked at me like i was crazy... i looked at his treadmill and saw he was only going 8.0 mph.  what a joke... that type of slowness is not even good enough for a handshake from me... I asked the gym manager if there was anything he could do and he said no.  Well, after twenty minutes the guy finally left the treadmill so i FINALLY got to use it.  I started off at a very slow pace of around 9.0 mph.  i just wanted to shake the rust out of my legs....  For all you followers out there, 9.0 mph equals SLOW!  I think its like a 6:39 pace or something.  Well anyways, i ran for about 1.50 miles and was ready to move on.

The Work-out
I then moved the treadmill to 12.0 mph (5:00 clip) at an incline grade of 6.7%.  I wasn't trying to run hard but you know, i needed to have a good run to start the training.  Well i hit this pace for about two minutes and started to get cramps.  I paused the machine and then fell to the ground in pain.  I think it was the bagel i ate earlier today.  Anyways, i reset the thing back to 9.0 mph and decided to run three more miles.  After all, i know i can hit 5:00 pace easy.  I used to run like 4:00 miles in my sleep so this was a joke.  But it was day one so i'll make up for it later.

The cool down
I decided to do my cool down at 9.1 mph.  I ran for about 2 miles and started to get a crowd.  this really cute girl (who also was SLOW, hahaha) started looking at me while i ran.  She just STOOD there looking at me.  Anyways, i finally jumped off the tread after two miles and told her that it was cool for her to talk to me.  she must have been really impressed because her jaw dropped and she didn't say a word.  She then walked to the treadmill i was at and picked up an i-pod.  The gym must have been giving them away or something.  Well i walked with her on the way to the locker room and introduced myself.  She must have been shy because she told me to get the fuck out of her face.  Hahaha.... the slow ones are so shy.  She totally wants me. .

Total miles:  6.25

No comments:

Post a Comment